Project Management Tips
If you’re a busy entrepreneur or one that is just starting out, it is so important to have systems and a plan in place for when you’re business takes off. Here are 5 useful Tips on Project Management that every entrepreneur can benefit from.
1. Organization – Let technology help you get and stay organized. For example use:
- EverNote to keep minutes from client meetings and store project documents
- Word Templates to create client & edit documents such as contracts, business policies, client or prospect information forms.
- Echo-sign to electronically deliver and sign contracts
- DropBox for document storage that both you and your clients need access to
2. Productivity – Need more time in your day? Try these simple tips:
- Use an online calendar such a iCal or Google. You can easily synch calendars with your mobile devices so you can stay on top of your calendar when not in the office.
- Create email folders to keep track of emails – don’t leave them in your Inbox. Once they’re complete, move them to the appropriate folder. This makes is easy for you to locate should you need it again.
- Cut down on interruptions. Turn off your phone, put Do Not Disturb on your door, close Skype & your email. It is so easy to get distracted if you leave your email or Skype open. Finish what you start!
- Schedule time on your calendar to work on your own business and treat it like a business meeting!
3. Task Management – Stay on top of your deliverables and:
- Meet your deadlines
- Know your availability to take on more work
- Track time against tasks
- There are several tools on the market that offer either a free version or a free trial period. Take a look at TeamworkPM, Zoho, Myintervals or Attask to name a few. Don’t be afraid to try out a few different ones until you find the one that works for you!
4. Kickoff Meetings – When you start a new project or take on a new client it is imperative to:
- Set expectations
- Define roles and responsibilities
- Discuss business policies and communication preferences
- Set task priorities and deadlines
5. Status Meetings – Weekly or bi-weekly meetings with your clients to:
- Stay in contact
- Stay accountable
These 5 Project Management Tips help you get and stay organized and build a relationship with your clients.
What do you think?
I’d love to here your comments. Please take a moment to leave me a comment and share your thoughts.
Please share if you know someone who might benefit from this information. The share buttons are below the post.
Oh… and each week I host an Open Mic Session in my VA Tips & Tricks Facebook Group where I deep dive specific topics & answer your questions, be sure to join us for the next one – http://bit.ly/vatipstricks.
Thanks for reading!
Enjoy your day – Susan
The Techie Mentor helps Virtual Assistants succeed by teaching automated systems that free up their time and in-demand skills that earn them more money.