Do I Really Need A Lead Magnet?
Virtual Assistants often ask me, “Do I really need to have a Free Offer aka Lead Magnet on my website“?
And, my answer is always the same, “Yes you do“.
Because you need a method to attract prospects.
Yes, even a Virtual Assistant business needs a sales pipeline!
Then the next question comes… “Well, what should I create“?
The whole idea of having to create something scares many people – I know it did me when I first started out.
I’m a chronic over-thinker (anyone else have this problem) so, I ended up researching too much (another problem of mine – love to do research), and ended up overwhelmed and confused.
Does it really have to be this hard to create something, I thought.
Turns out, I was making it much harder than it needed to be. Once I stopped thinking about it, I realized I just needed a simple way to share my expertise.
The Beauty Of A Freebie Is In Its Simplicity
It doesn’t have to be hard to create or share.
It can be simple, even just a one-page checklist.
Remember… it’s all about the VALUE.
What can you show, teach or give that will give your potential subscribers incredible value?
What To Create?
Create a freebie that showcases your expertise to your Target Market.
What is one of their biggest issues or pain points?
Not sure, ask them.
Do a survey and share it with your clients.
Don’t have any clients, find your Target Market online and ask them to fill out a simple survey.
Then take action on the results. How can you solve it? Pick a topic and get started.
Here are 5 awesome ideas for creating a freebie.
Simply, take your topic and create one of these items. Go with what suits you. Don’t be afraid to share your brilliance!
- A Simple Checklist – people love checklists! Take your topic and create a one-page checklist on how to use it or why it’s important.
- An Infographic – perfect for those of us who are visual. Take your topic and create a graphic or flow chart of the steps in a process or instructions. You can even compare items.
- A Video or Audio Series – great for teaching and how to’s. You could break down the steps into individual videos or audios of “how to’s”. Deliver them over a series of days or weeks via an Auto-Responder or Sequence.
- A Resource List – similar to a checklist but this gives a list of handy tools, short cuts, etc. What tools does your Target Industry use or need to know more about?
- A How-To Ebook, Guide or PDF – expand your simple checklist into a “How To” Ebook, PDF or Guide. These are also great for expanding on your expertise and the solutions you provide.
Remember, your Freebie isn’t about you – it’s about what you do for your clients.
The problems you solve, the solutions you provide, the transformation that happens to your client’s business when they work with you.
Oh, and a quick note. You’ll need to have an Email Marketing program to capture the names of the people who sign up and build your list. Mail Chimp or Aweber are two great options when just starting out. But, you’ll need to create your Freebie first as it’s the beginning of your Sales Funnel.
Do you have a Freebie?
Please add a link in the Comments below to share it!
If you need help with creating a sales funnel, email marketing or a freebie, check out my VA Success System that teaches this and so much more.
Feel free to post below and let me know what action you’re taking today to create your awesome freebie.
I’d love to hear from you!
All comments and questions are welcome.
If you know someone who might benefit from this information, please share. You can use the share buttons below the post.
Thanks for reading – Susan
Don’t forget to leave a comment if you found this information useful – I’d love to hear from you!