Staying focused and knowing how to get back on track is important because every step forward is a step closer to your dreams. However, life can be a challenge at times and get in the way of my business. Has this happened to you too?
Between illness and family issues, first-quarter goals can go unachieved and then become second-quarter goals. I have to admit I get angry, disappointed, and discouraged when this happens to me but I know it’s all part of the journey on the path to achieving my dreams.
It’s easy to get discouraged when you look at everything you planned to do and got ZERO accomplished, and you have to keep pushing out your deadlines. Not fun! But it’s important to stay on the course or get back on track.
So, you may have a misstep or even take a step or two backward but don’t let it stop you. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on the horse. For only you can make your dreams a reality. Stop letting life get in the way.
Here Are A Few Tips To Help You Get Back On Track Faster
#1 – Look At How Far You’ve Come
- You wouldn’t have made it this far if you let life stop you. Don’t let it stop you now.
#2 – Use A Success Jar
- If you have a Success Jar, read what you’ve accomplished.
- If you don’t have one create one.
#3 – No Beating Yourself Up
- Stop beating yourself up because you’re not where you “should” be yet.
#4 – Don’t Compare Yourself To Others
- Don’t compare yourself to others or where they are in their journey. They have their path and you have yours.
#5 – Never Stop Trying
- You’re not alone in your struggle – everyone has to deal with distractions.
#6 – Change Your Thoughts
- Your thoughts determine how you feel. If you think you’re overwhelmed, you will feel it. Work on changing your thoughts.
#7 – What’s The Alternative?
- Ask yourself “What’s the alternative?” In other words, what will I do if I stop trying? Will I achieve my dreams?
- As Jiminy Cricket said, “Let your conscience be your guide.”
#8 – Take A Break
- Unplug for a day or two. Sometimes getting away from it all is the best cure.
#9 – Change Your Priorities If Needed
- If something on your to-do list is no longer important, simply pivot to something that is. It’s OK to change course.
#10 – Self-Care
- And remember you’re important; without you, there is no business. Take care of yourself!
How do you handle life’s hiccups? I’d love to hear your comments. Please take a moment to leave me a comment and share your thoughts.
Oh, and if you need to get back on track with building your VA business, please have a look at my Ultimate VA Success Guide: How To Start A VA Business. It will help you move forward step-by-step.
Thanks for reading – Susan
P.S. If you're ready to invest in yourself and a professional future, please check out my VA Success Training. It's for people that are serious about running a successful Online Business. It includes everything you need from business set-up, getting clients, client management, a WP website, coaching, a supportive community, and so much more.