Getting & Staying Organized
There are many tips, tricks and tools available these days to assist you in staying organized within your business. Some are more preferential than others on different personal levels. What one person finds helpful, another can find a hindrance, however, they are all out there and available to assist you in the most important element of your business – Organization!
The top 5 key factors (in no particular order) that I believe contribute to being A+ at organization are:
- Time Management – Be aware of what time you are spending on which tasks. You will get used to how long it takes you to complete certain tasks if they are regular, and also help to predict how long it will take you to complete something new.
- Project Management – Make use of a project management system, such as TeamworkPM, so that you can plan your workload and ensure you don’t miss anything. Break down your tasks and tick each one off as you go along, so you know what you have outstanding.
- Diary Management – Not to be confused with time management. Use your diary/schedule constructively to plan meetings, telephone calls and block out times to work on projects for specific clients.
- Discipline – Ensure you stick to the procedures you have set up to keep yourself organized. That’s the only way you will stay organized!
- Determination – Keep your eyes on the prize! Organization equals a happy client and in turn a happy you and a successful business. Keep your determination switch to full power!
If you are struggling with any part of your organization strategy, then get in touch and I will see how I can help you.
I’d love to hear your comments. Please take a moment to leave me a comment and share your thoughts.
Please share if you know someone who might benefit from this information. The share buttons are below the post.
If you’re looking for more details on how to start or scale your VA business including how to specialize by learning in-demand skills, join my FREE VA Training Vault. It’s over 8 hours of how-to video training for Virtual Assistants that want to create a successful business.
Thanks for reading!
Enjoy your day – Susan
Susan Mershon started The Techie Mentor ™ in 2013 to teach Virtual Assistants the systems + skills they need to start + run a successful business. With a strong base in project management, Susan brings her love of systems and teaching to offer training and mentoring to new and experienced Virtual Assistants. She’s taught thousands of students her unique system that teaches the skills clients are looking for + the systems you need to offer your knowledge as a service professional. This proven system will help you stand out as a professional, earn you more money and free up your precious time.