I don’t know about you, but the first quarter of 2018 has been a challenge for me.
Because life got in the way of my business.
Has this happened to you?
Between a lingering illness and family issues, my first quarter goals went unachieved and are now second-quarter goals.
I have to admit I was angry, disappointed and discouraged… but I know it’s all part of the journey on the path to achieving my dreams.
It’s easy to get discouraged when you look at everything you planned to do and got ZERO accomplished, and you have to keep pushing out your deadlines. Not fun!
But… it’s important to stay the course. Every step forward is a step closer to your dreams.
So, you may have a misstep or even a back step but don’t let it stop you. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on the horse. For only you can make your dreams a reality.
Stop letting life get in the way. Try a few of these helpful tips:
- Look at how far you’ve already come. You wouldn’t have made it this far if you let life stop you.
- If you have a Success Jar, read what you’ve accomplished. If you don’t have one – create one. Here is a blog post all about them.
- Stop beating yourself up because you’re not where you “should” be yet.
- Don’t compare yourself to others or where they are in their journey. They have their path and you have yours.
- Never stop trying. You’re not alone in your struggle – everyone has to deal with distractions.
- Your thoughts determine how you feel. If you think you’re overwhelmed, you will feel it. Work on changing your thoughts.
- Ask yourself “What’s the alternative?” In other words, what will I do if I stop trying? Will I achieve my dreams? As Jiminy Cricket said, “Let your conscience be your guide.”
- Unplug for a day or two. Sometimes getting away from it all is the best cure.
- And remember… you’re important; without you, there is no business. Take care of yourself!
How do you handle life’s hiccups?
I’d love to hear your comments. Please take a moment to leave me a comment and share your thoughts.
Please share if you know someone who might benefit from this information. The share buttons are below the post.
If you’re looking for more details on how to start or scale your VA business including how to specialize by learning in-demand skills, join my FREE VA Training Vault. It’s over 8 hours of how-to video training for Virtual Assistants that want to create a successful business.
Thanks for reading!
Enjoy your day – Susan
Susan Mershon started The Techie Mentor ™ in 2013 to teach Virtual Assistants the systems + skills they need to build + run a successful business. With a strong base in project management, Susan brings her love of systems and teaching to offer training and mentoring to new and experienced Virtual Assistants. She’s taken all the programs, systems and tools she has taught to thousands of Virtual Assistants and created a signature system that helps them build a successful business + learn the skills they need to get clients + succeed with ZERO fluff or hype… Just the stuff that GETS GREAT RESULTS.