As entrepreneurs time is a valuable commodity. We need to learn to manage it, otherwise, it will manage us. Especially if you’re a Virtual Assistant. Time is money! If you do not learn how to manage your time you are losing money and clients.
If you think you are managing your time effectively, try this easy exercise. Keep a log of what you do each day for a week. Include all interruptions, distractions, how many times you stop and start tasks, etc. This is an eye-opening exercise that helps you see just how much time gets away from you.
To manage your time, here are some simple tips you can easily implement:
- Schedule everything – use a Task Management System such as Teamwork
- No multi-tasking – do one thing at a time and finish what you start.
- Stick to your schedule – create a schedule for your daily tasks and stick to it.
- Process for interruptions – create a process for how you handle daily interruptions.
- Have client status calls – schedule weekly or bi-weekly status calls to stay informed.
- Manage your email – close your email when you are working on tasks or projects.
It’s amazing how these simple tips can help you save time each day and in the process become more organized and efficient.
What do you think?
I’d love to hear your comments. Please take a moment to leave me a comment and share your thoughts.
Please share if you know someone who might benefit from this information.
Thanks for reading!
Enjoy your day – Susan