Managing Your Time
As entrepreneurs time is a valuable commodity. We need to learn to manage it, otherwise it will manage us. Especially if you’re a Virtual Assistant. Time is money! If you do not learn to how to manage your time you are losing money and clients.
If you think you are managing your time effectively, try this easy exercise. Keep a log of what you do each day for a week. Include all interruptions, distractions, how many times you stop and start tasks, etc. This is an eye opening exercise that helps you see just how much time gets away from you.
To manage your time, here are some simple tips you can easily implement:
- Schedule everything – use a Task Management System such as Teamwork Projects.
- No multi-tasking – do one thing at a time and finish what you start.
- Stick to your schedule – create a schedule for your daily tasks and stick to it.
- Process for interruptions – create a process for how you handle daily interruptions.
- Have client status calls – schedule weekly or bi-weekly status calls to stay informed.
- Manage your email – close your email when you are working on tasks or projects.
It’s amazing how these simple tips can help you save time each day and in the process become more organized and efficient.
What do you think?
I’d love to here your comments. Please take a moment to leave me a comment and share your thoughts.
Please share if you know someone who might benefit from this information. The share buttons are below the post.
Oh… and each week I host an Open Mic Session in my VA Tips & Tricks Facebook Group where I deep dive specific topics & answer your questions, be sure to join us for the next one – http://bit.ly/vatipstricks.
Thanks for reading!
Enjoy your day – Susan
Susan Mershon started The Techie Mentor ™ in 2013 to teach Virtual Assistants the systems + skills they need to start + run a successful business. With a strong base in project management, Susan brings her love of systems and teaching to offer training and mentoring to new and experienced Virtual Assistants. She’s taught thousands of students her unique system that teaches the skills clients are looking for + the systems you need to offer your knowledge as a service professional. This proven system will help you stand out as a professional, earn you more money and free up your precious time.