A Virtual Assistant Launch Special is offering a service or product at a reduced price. This is a great strategy when you’re just getting started in the VA business or offering a completely new service.
Have you been tempted to work for free or for a testimonial when starting your VA business? Or, when offering a new service? As you may know, I am NOT an advocate of working for FREE or for a testimonial. Remember, just because it’s new doesn’t mean it’s not valuable. If you don’t value your expertise however you sell it, no one else will. It all starts with you!
Now, I get the fact when you’re doing something new you’re a bit nervous or even scared because it’s the unknown – it’s new. Same thing with a new business or service or product. You may be feeling that because you don’t have any experience of offering a new service that you need to offer it for free. Or maybe, it’s just a lack of confidence.
Either way, I’d like to give an alternative to working for FREE (or a testimonial which if you really think about it is free). It’s called a Virtual Assistant Launch Special. Before I dive into the details of a Launch Special, I’d like to take a second to clarify something.
Expertise + Experience
When I say offering a new service, I am talking about having the expertise just not the actual experience of working with a client. I’m not advocating offering a service for something you have NO knowledge of.
Unfortunately, I have to add that because there are people who do offer services they know nothing about. That’s much different than having the expertise but not the experience. These are the people (the ones who say they know something when they don’t) that give the whole industry – our industry – a black eye.
What’s A Virtual Assistant Launch Special?
It’s a creative way to offer discounts on new services or products instead of offering them for free. You call it a “Virtual Assistant Launch Special” and then explain exactly what it is.
#1 – In Which Situations To Use It
It could be you’re doing a Virtual Assistant Launch Special for:
- A brand new service you’re offering.
- You’ve just launched your new business.
- You’re offering new packages.
#2 – What You Should Include
Whatever it is you introduce it to your dream clients as a Launch Special that includes
- A limited-time discounted rate.
- Savings. Then you can go into the specifics of how much they save, for how long, etc.
- Scarcity. Be sure you build in scarcity. For example, a limited number of clients or for a limited amount of time and stick to it.
That’s it, that simple! You can even use a Virtual Assistant Launch Special for a business re-brand! Be creative and use it anytime you want to offer a discount on something in your business. Value your expertise and your time, you are worth it. Stop giving it away for free or next to nothing.
#3 – The Benefit Of Using Launch Specials
Besides getting paid for something you were giving away for free they allow you to discount your rates, bundle packages, services, products, and provide more value for your clients. It’s a win-win.
#4 – Tips On Launch Specials
- Build some hype around it. Write a blog post, do a Facebook Live, share it on your social media profiles, etc. Get people excited about it!
- Focus on everything they get. Focus on the benefits your clients get when they purchase. How does it affect them and their business and life?
- Make it look professional. Create a simple sales page that focuses on why they should invest in your Launch Special. Add a logo and some product mockups to make it POP.
- Get creative. Use your creativity with what you create and what you call it. It doesn’t have to be a “Virtual Assistant Launch Special”. You can even create a special coupon code to give out.
- Create one. Next time you have the urge to give your expertise away for free, create a Launch Special instead – remember your expertise is valuable and so are you! You deserve to be paid for it!
Ok, so now you know what Virtual Assistant Launch Specials are and how to use them.
I’d love to know two things:
- What do you think? Does it sound like something you want to create?
- Will you share your Virtual Assistant Launch Special with me? I’d love to see it when you’ve got it ready. Feel free to come back here and share it below in the comments for all to see! Sharing inspires others.
Please also read my blog post, The 12 Virtual Assitant Mistakes You Should Avoid At All Costs – Especially If You’re A New VA! if you want to know more about some of the most common errors a lot of new Virtual Assistants make.
Thanks for taking the time to read this – Susan
P.S. If you're ready to invest in yourself and a professional future, please check out my VA Success Training. It's for people that are serious about running a successful Online Business. It includes everything you need from business set-up, getting clients, client management, service packaging, a WP website, coaching, a supportive community, and so much more.