I remember when I first started on my Virtual Assistant journey, how hard it was to stay motivated when:
- things were not moving fast enough
- things were not going my way or
- I was stuck in “Analysis Paralysis”
I know this can take the wind out of your sails and even have you doubting yourself.
But Remember… “The Beginning is Always the Hardest”.
The beginning of anything is always the hardest, whether it is starting a business or learning to ride a bike. The key is to keep trying & never give up.
Here are 5 simple tips I use to stay motivated:
- Take baby steps – take action. Because every step forward, no matter how small, is one step closer to your dreams. I use the mantra “Action NOT Perfection”. (I’m a recovering perfectionist and find myself not doing something because “it’s not perfect”.)
- Take a break. Sometimes it helps to remove yourself from the situation and do something you enjoy. Take a walk, play with your kids, read a book or anything else that takes your mind off your troubles.
- Take a look in your Success Jar. Remind yourself just how far you’ve come. We seem to always be fixated on where we have to go and forget how far we’ve already come. Remember…it is a journey. Click here to read more about creating a Success Jar.
- Talk to others. Reach out to other Virtual Assistants – it helps just to share your thoughts and feeling with others. Find a local group of Virtual Assistants or join a VA group on social media. We’ve been there and are glad to help.
- Remember your “Why”. We all have a reason “why” we are pursuing a VA business. What is yours? Your reason is one of the most powerful tools you can use to help you stay focused & motivated no matter what challenges you face on your journey. I created a Vision Board so I can look at my “Why” when things get tough – it really helps me stay focused and motivated.
These are a few of the things that I do when life is not going my way. Give one or all of them a try!
What do you think?
I’d love to hear your comments. Please take a moment to leave me a comment and share your thoughts.
Please share if you know someone who might benefit from this information. The share buttons are below the post.
If you’re looking for more details on how to start or scale your VA business including how to specialize by learning in-demand skills, join my FREE VA Training Vault. It’s over 8 hours of how-to video training for Virtual Assistants that want to create a successful business.
Thanks for reading!
Enjoy your day – Susan
Susan Mershon started The Techie Mentor ™ in 2013 to teach Virtual Assistants the systems + skills they need to build + run a successful business. With a strong base in project management, Susan brings her love of systems and teaching to offer training and mentoring to new and experienced Virtual Assistants. She’s taken all the programs, systems and tools she has taught to thousands of Virtual Assistants and created a signature system that helps them build a successful business + learn the skills they need to get clients + succeed with ZERO fluff or hype… Just the stuff that GETS GREAT RESULTS.