I remember when I first started on my Virtual Assistant journey, how hard it was to stay motivated when:
a – things were not moving fast enough
b – things were not going my way or
c – I was stuck in “Analysis Paralysis”
I know this can take the wind out of your sails and even have you doubting yourself.
But Remember… “The Beginning is Always the Hardest”.
The beginning of anything is always the hardest, whether it is starting a business or learning to ride a bike. The key is to keep trying & never give up.
Here are 5 simple tips I use to stay motivated:
- Take baby steps – take action. Because every step forward, no matter how small, is one step closer to your dreams. I use the mantra “Action NOT Perfection”. (I’m a recovering perfectionist and find myself not doing something because “it’s not perfect”.)
- Take a break. Sometimes it helps to remove yourself from the situation and do something you enjoy. Take a walk, play with your kids, read a book or anything else that takes your mind off your troubles.
- Take a look in your Success Jar. Remind yourself just how far you’ve come. We seem to always be fixated on where we have to go and forget how far we’ve already come. Remember…it is a journey. Click here to read more about creating a Success Jar.
- Talk to others. Reach out to other Virtual Assistants – it helps just to share your thoughts and feeling with others. Find a local group of Virtual Assistants or join a VA group on social media. We’ve been there and are glad to help.
- Remember your “Why”. We all have a reason “why” we are pursuing a VA business. What is yours? Your reason is one of the most powerful tools you can use to help you stay focused & motivated no matter what challenges you face on your journey. I created a Vision Board so I can look at my “Why” when things get tough – it really helps me stay focused and motivated.
These are a few of the things that I do when life is not going my way. Give one or all of them a try!
Thank you for taking time to read this blog post.
I’d love to hear what you think. Please take a moment to leave a comment below and share your Why or any additional tips you have to help others stay motivated.
Enjoy your day,